Union County ARES
Simulated Emergency Test (SET)
Major Earthquake has taken out the commercial power grid throughout the entire West Coast states.
- ARES assistance requested Day 4 of Event, 08:00 October 12, 2019
- Initial ARES team expected operational by 08:30 October 12, 2019
Scenario Day 4:
- Cellular and Internet Service Providers have exhausted all fuel for generators and are down.
- Fixed Amateur Radio Repeaters reliant on commercial or fuel generated power are down.
- Refugees are traveling to all parts of the state seeking shelter and/or medical assistance.
- Central Oregon, which has assumed State responsibilities, is in need of mutual aid for medical, road construction, communication, and other services.
- Maintain local simplex net.
- Receive & respond to aid requests from all adjacent counties. (Umatilla, Wallowa, Baker, Grant)
- Request & receive response to aid request from all adjacent counties.
- Receive & respond to mutual aid requests from Central Oregon. (Deschutes)
- 08:30 Send Winlink forms to KD7ZDO;AA7DD
- Unit Activation
- Declaration of Emergency
- Initial SitRep
- 008:30-14:00 Meet Exercise Goals
- Listed above
- 14:00 Send Winlink forms to KD7ZDO;AA7DD
- Unit Deactivation
- All messages shall begin and end with “THIS IS AN EXERCISE MESSAGE.”
- EOC shall maintain a running ICS-214 Activity Log as well as a running ICS-309 Communications Log during the hours of the SET.
- No Internet within the West Coast states shall be used. This requirement disallows RMS connections to gateways located inside of OR, WA, & CA.
- Designated County frequencies be consistently monitored
- 3.955 SSB
- 146.520 Simplex
- 144.930 RMS P2P (K7UNI)
- 3.595 RMS P2P (K7UNI)
- HF Power Station(s) on Standby
Functions to be filled:
|Net Control||146.520||Simplex Voice||KD7CEM||W7JSN||KK7MA||KI7FXJ|
|Packet Monitor||144.930||RMS Packet||KD7CEM||W7JSN||KD7JG||W7JSN|
|HF RMS Monitor||3.595||Winlink ARDOP P2P||WB7EUX||W7JSN||WB7EUX||KK7MA|
|HF Voice Monitor||3.955||SSB Voice||KD7CEM||W7JSN||KD7JG||KI7FXJ|
- 1 points – each band + mode
- 2 points – each callsign
- 2 points – each county