ARES 2021 Fall SET
- Operate in the field (not from county or established positions)
- Establish at least two radio sites with full operational capability
- Utilize GPS coordinate training to move personnel to operational sites
- Pass at least 10 verbal messages, 4 of which have to be to an adjacent county
- Pass at least 10 Winlink messages, 4 of which have to be to an adjacent county
- Ensure that personnel safety is paramount
- Notify Section Manager by email when operational
- Maintain proper records involving number of personnel, total times involved for monthly EC report.)
- Observe all established protocols for Covid.
- KK7MA & W7JSN setup field stations near 45.062301, -117.570575. (Obj-1,2)
- KJ7MFV was expected to also set up a field station at 45.299922,-118.30723 but was not heard during the period.
- Initial call to action alerts were sent to regular operators at 08:59.
- For an unknown reason, the voice version of the alert opened with “This is an emergency message from…” This should be tested further, as is very misleading.
- W7JSN used winlink to send Activation form to KA7OZO, as well as an informational message to local operators at 09:00. (Obj-7)
- W7JSN made the SET announcement and initial call for operators at 09:01.
- KK7MA & KG7ENC responded.
- KG7ENC was mobile in & out
- Fearing 2M was not getting back into the valley for local operators, KK7MA was sent to call local operators on 3.955. No response.
- With nothing heard on 3.955, KK7MA checked into the OEM net on 3.964, while W7JSN monitored 3.955.
- KK7MA relayed several stations in to the OEM net
- W7JSN announced and monitored on 3.955, but only made contact with AA7DD.
- W7JSN sent 10 Winlink messages, 4 to neighbor counties, 8 contained GPS coordinates for operators(Obj-3&5)
- KK7MA passed at least 10 voice messages for the OEM net (Obj-4)
- W7JSN sent Deactivation form to KA7OZO & AA7DD at 10:05
- No injuries (Obj-6)
- KK7MA & W7JSN maintained ICS-309 logs and submitted to W7BL(Obj-8)
- Rona was not present (Obj-9)