Weekly Winlink Exercise r.1
- Join the exercise by sending a Winlink Check-In form to K7UNI using any method available.
- Following initial check-in, send a SITREP form to K7UNI (Union County EOC).
The ‘Winlink Check In’ form can be found in Templates/Standard Templates/GENERAL Forms.
Using Winlink Forms
The ‘SITREP’ form can be found in Templates/Standard Templates/OR STATE Forms.
K7UNI will be monitoring for incoming Winlink traffic throughout the exercise on regular Internet connected Winlink gateways as well as Peer-to-Peer:
*2m Packet operators outside Union County may need to use a combination of the AL1Q-12, KK7MA-12 digipeaters for P2P connections.
The exercise will be coordinated locally through the 147.260 K7RPT repeater with simplex 146.520 as backup.
Those outside of Union County repeater coverage are encouraged to log in to the KK7MA chatserver for coordination at: unionares.org/chat
- Messages composed as ‘Peer-to-Peer Message’ type will not leave your outbox unless you connect directly P2P to the addressed operator.
- Messages composed as ‘Winlink Message’ type will not leave your outbox unless you connect to a Winlink gateway (not P2P).
- If a message is composed as an unintended type, you can simply open the message from your outbox and change the type.