Weekly ARES Exercise
Date(s) - May 2, 2021
17:45 - 19:00
Categories No Categories
- Join the exercise by sending a Winlink SITREP form to K7UNI using any method available, anytime throughout the week.
- Join the brief HF Net portion of the exercise on 3.955MHz beginning at 17:45.
The purpose of the the voice net is to obtain signal reports from neighbor operators in the region, and determine what works, and what may need improvement.
The ‘SITREP’ form can be found in Templates/Standard Templates/OR STATE Forms.
Please see Using Winlink Forms for help.
2m Packet operators outside Union County are encouraged to use AL1Q-12 to connect to the local KK7MA-10 RMS Gateway.
Participating operators are encouraged to also log in to the KK7MA chatserver for coordination at: unionares.org/chat
- Messages composed as ‘Peer-to-Peer Message’ type will not leave your outbox unless you connect directly P2P to the addressed operator.
- Messages composed as ‘Winlink Message’ type will not leave your outbox unless you connect to a Winlink gateway (not P2P).
- If a message is composed as an unintended type, you can simply open the message from your outbox and change the type.